Friday 1 August 2014

I'M AN AU-PAIR

Sorry I haven't blogged since Monday, it's been a hectic week! Let me fill you in on what's been happening in my life...



On Wednesday, I traveled from my hometown in England to Madrid to be an Au pair for the remaining duration of summer. I must admit that I had very big expectations for this trip. In the lead up to my little adventure all I could think about was how much fun I was going to have. However, on my first day of working as an Au pair those thoughts vanished and were replaced with woes and worries. My main concern being the language. I will tell you now I do not speak Spanish therefore it was a little overwhelming when I was faced with a small army of aunties, uncles and grandparents speaking to me and I could not understand a word of what they were saying. 

Fortunately I am not someone to shy away from my thoughts and although it took a lot of courage on Thursday evening I spoke to my host mother and voiced my concerns. I'm very glad I did this because the following day was great! I am really being made to feel part of the family, I get along well with the children and parents and I am beginning to feel more settled in. 

I'm writing this blog post as I lay on my sun lounger by the pool, thoroughly making the most of my weekend off. It is paradise, minus the one too many wasps... Tomorrow I am meeting up with another Au pair in the city to explore together, so I will definitely make a blog post about it! (Which will hopefully be a little bit more exciting than this one.) 

That's about it for now, I think! 

Lots of love, 
Hayley X

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! :)
    Check out my blog for more info

    -Beverley (beverleykoh.blogspot.sg)

    ReplyDelete